(Incl. Town of Rimbey, Town of Ponoka & Summer Village of Parkland Beach)
Although Ponoka County, and all the municipalities within received some well needed moisture, the forecasted windy warm weather will dry out any benefit we received. Until the risk of wildland fires (grass and bush) have been reduced, the FIRE ADVISORY is still in place, however fire and fireworks permits will continue to be considered &/or issued on a case-by-case only.
We encourage residents to please refrain from non-essential burning until conditions improve.
The following are still permitted:
- burns with approved permits;
- internal household fire places;
- incinerators (for farm & acreage use);
- bylaw compliant burning barrels and fire pits (with screen in place);
- fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designed camping & recreational areas;
- portable propane fire pits & appliances;
- BBQ's & smokers using charcoals and pellets;
Always remember to use extreme caution while using your fire pits, burn barrels and conducting any open burning. An “under control” fire can change in a matter of seconds or minutes. Be aware of the weather conditions at all times while burning. Always extinguish your fire if the change in weather increases the hazard of your fire. Thanks for helping keep the residents and community safe!
For more information please visit www.albertafirebans.ca for up-to-date fire status.