(Incl. Town of Rimbey, Town of Ponoka & Summer Village of Parkland Beach)
Due to the recent wind conditions and lack of moisture a FIRE ADVISORY is hereby issued effective April 2th, 2021 until conditions improve.
All existing fire permits will be allowed to expire with no further fire (open burn) and fireworks permits being issued.
The following are still permitted:
- burns with approved permits;
- internal household fire places;
- incinerators (for farm & acreage use);
- bylaw compliant burning barrels and fire pits (with screen in place);
- fires contained within approved facilities and appliances in designed camping & recreational areas;
- portable propane fire pits & appliances;
- BBQ's & smokers using charcoals and pellets;
Always remember to use extreme caution while using your fire pits, burn barrels and conducting any open burning. An “under control” fire can change in a matter of seconds or minutes. Be aware of the weather conditions at all times while burning. Always extinguish your fire if the change in weather increases the hazard of your fire. Thanks for helping keep the residents and community safe!
For more information please visit www.albertafirebans.ca for up-to-date fire status.